05 November 2010

{day off - pay off: a day for me.}

Finally. A day off that didn't involve mile long to-do lists, the spending of money I'm only starting to make, and the organizing of a somewhat still in-transition life. This would be a day for me. For eating and walking, for seeing and smelling. A day for making friends with my new neighborhood.

So I ate, and I walked. I saw, and I smelled.


Breakfast. My one true love. Here it comes with giant bottles of water, cinnamon laced coffee, mountains of fresh fruit, and yogurt so creamy it melts on your tongue.

DSC_0023

DSC_0010

DSC_0018



















The Market. The bustling yet somehow calming streets where cars bow down to bicycles, and the pedestrian reigns. I fill my canvas bags with fruits and veggies, fresh bagels and cheese. I smile at the eccentrics on the corner and tuck a new vintage scarf into my purse.

DSC_0031
DSC_0045

DSC_0054

DSC_0062
Yes, that is indeed the light of the cheese gods shining down on Mendel's Creamery.
$2 wheel of brie, anybody?








































The park. Green grass and leaves of orange and yellow. Children squealing with laughter while dogs run circles around them. I ride my bike along the paths and breathe in the crisp fall air, wondering if the city has indeed melted away outside the borders of this place.

DSC_0075

DSC_0111

DSC_0087

DSC_0094



















I'm not sure I could have asked for a more perfect day.
You hear that, Sunday? That's a challenge.

xo. B.

No comments:

Post a Comment