06 April 2010

brunch bubbles.

While preparing for Easter Brunch, I was thrilled to find blood oranges on sale for $1.79 a pound! Cheaper, in fact, than navel oranges. I was on drink duty and could think of nothing better than Blood Orange Mimosas to complement homemade Eggs Benedict on a sunny Sunday morning.



Blood Orange Mimosas

{the stuff}

the juice of 5 - or so - Blood Oranges
the juice of 3 - or so - navel, or juicing oranges
one bottle sparkling wine, (my favorite is Jacob's Creek Sparkling Chardonnay-Pinot Noir)


{how to do it}

When it comes to cocktails, my belief is that personal preference rules. I like my caesars not too spicy, but loaded up with celery salt; my gin martinis on the rocks with a fat ol' twist of lime; and my amaretto sours, SOUR! Taste rules -  and with these mimosas its the only rule you need.

Start with a chilled glass, add orange juices, and top up with bubbly until the mix suits you. 

Garnish with a wedge of sugar-dipped orange and maybe a sprig of mint.

Drink up!

{just add bubbles}

No comments:

Post a Comment